High Line, December 2016

In early December 2016 I went back to my hometown of New York City for an engagement session.  At least one day, I need to roam and be by myself, in my city.  It doesn't matter how long away I am from it, when I am back in NYC, I feel a change.

I went to check out High Line park.  That is fairly new, to me at least, and I wanted to scout it as a possible spot for future shoots.  Next time I am in a city for something, and I have a free day, I may go to the city's subreddit and ask, who wants a free shoot?  I wished I had had a couple with me to be my models, but maybe not.  Maybe it was good I just walked and shot.  It helps to remember to be unafraid to photograph strangers.


Cardinal Dolan said Mass.  My Bishop:  "Did you say hi to him?"  Me:  "Well, those burly security guards around him sort of discouraged me . . ."








I gave my card to this girl, Maria from Spain.  She did reach out and I gave her these pictures.  Because sharing is caring.






I told this woman her hair was fabulous.  She told me it was the first time in her lief she ever colored her hair.




Empire State Building photobomb




Ghost in the machine





Loser




DeBlasio's legacy





FTR, High Line Pizza has good pizza.  

Oh, and what the fuck is with all the black quilted jackets?  Every female tourist had a matching uniform:  black quilted jacket, black yoga pants, riding boots.  Starbucks clutched in one hand, shopping bag from fashionable name store in the other.  Straightened hair.  The kind of woman who NEEDS to take to your manager if anything is even slightly inconvenient.

True story:  I encountered one of these types in Charleston, SC in a Starbucks who placed an order and then asked for a "venti ice water."  I hope they charged her for it.

Comments